Monday, April 8, 2019

Monday Encouragement

Monday’s post is supposed to be a highlight of the prior week and a summary of my workouts. Right now there are people I know (some very close to me and some I’ve known a long time) that are going through difficult times. But if I write about that, no one would read my blog. Even I would get tired of me pretty quickly!

So with no further ado, here are words of encouragement for the day:
On Sunday I ran in the Delmar Dash. Even though this race is practically right in my backyard, this was the first time I ran it.  That’s because it’s the first year that I ran consistently over the winter months so I knew that I could actually run 5 miles.

Another factor was the price to register the day before was the same as the preregistration price, so I waited until the day before to see how the weather was going to be. It was very nice. It has been known to snow on this race, and in fact, it did snow on Friday.

My time was 57:33 (11:31 pace). My pace has gotten faster each race in 2019. I was #209 out of 232 total runners. I was #10 out of 11 in my age:/gender. Including the race I worked out four times last week.

The thing that made me laugh the most last week: My husband, daughter and I watched a super funny comedian, Nate Bargatze, on Netflix. I recommend it if you have Netflix.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment