Monday, April 29, 2019

Monday Monday

Do you remember that song from The Mamas and The Papas? Here’s a verse:


Today the sun is shining for the first time in a while, so even though it’s back to work, I don’t mind. Hey, the song may be called “Monday Monday” but there’s only one Monday in a week. That’s something to be happy about! 

On Sunday I ran the Kingston Classic 10K. My time was 1:14:22 (11:58 pace). I was # 241 out of 261 runners. There was also a 5K run and a 1.5 mile walk/run. I was satisfied with my time as I don’t regularly run this many miles. I hoped to finish under 1:15 and I did.

Last week’s workouts: In addition to the race, I did a 3.5 mile trail run on Monday and Zumba with Tammy on Thursday, for a three workout week.

It’s almost the end of April so here are YTD stats. I have run in 4 races and am on target to meet my 2019 running goal of 12 races in 2019. As far as mileage, I have run 81.7 miles this year. Clearly I will need to pick up more miles in order to meet my goal of 450 for the year.

This story was in today’s Wall Street Journal:

He is 77 years old 
If you need inspiration, look no further. This man ran the 15 Spartan races in 2018 alone. His goal is 18 Spartan races in 2019. And, yes, this is after beating cancer.

Have a wonderful week!

2 comments:

  1. That's a lot of running!
    Sounds like you're right on track too.
    I've always kind of liked Monday's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete