Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Surviving 9 to 5

Monday started with a good plan of action. If you read my post welcoming the month of April I had some solid April goals. Go positivity!

I woke up nice and early and in addition to my usual morning routine I also did 30 sit-ups and 10 pushups (from my knees, but still, I did them). I had my water and healthy lunch ready. I cracked open a brand new journal - Harry Potter themed - to record my food, exercise and to jot down notes and things I am grateful for. Number 1: I’m grateful that I have a Harry Potter journal!🧙🏻‍♀️

So 6:30 to 9:00 a.m. was wonderful.

On to the job: I always have a long to-do list. One of Rachel Hollis’s suggestions in Girl, Stop Apologizing is to replace the long to-do list with a results list. The results list is 5 things that can be accomplished successfully that day. I used that approach and work was going along Ok.

Yet I still ended the work day stressed. No need to go into details.

No matter where you go, there you are.
- Buckaroo Banzai, “The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension” (1984 movie)

A variation of the quote above popped into my head and I found that online. My interpretation is that I continue to go into a situation (work), but I’m there in the wrong mindset. I’m still not acting (or reacting) in the best way. And it bleeds over to my personal life.

Or, you make a move, thinking things will be different, but you’re still you!

I received a gratitude email today with this quote:


I will continue to work on being patient, being joyful, having gratitude, working out, and writing my blog. Keeping a sense of humor always helps too!

Get me some rope fast! 

No comments:

Post a Comment