Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Clocks Back

I have been neglectful of ye olde blog here. I am also in a reading slump.  The last book I started was the weekend of October 19th.  We went to Massachusetts to watch my niece cheer at her college football game (Endicott College) and thence to Newburyport. On October 20th, my husband ran the Newburyport Half Marathon with an old friend who lives there. 
Sunset in Newburyport Massachusetts
I passed on that run and started reading Stay Hungry by comedian Sebastian Maniscalco while sitting in the car waiting for it to warm up a bit.  Not a book that I would have ordinarily chosen, but my coworker lent it to me after she heard that I have tickets to see him next April.

I made it through Chapter 3 and have not read anything since. That happens sometimes. If it can happen with reading, it can happen with writing. Instead I have been crazy into doing crossword puzzles.

Besides running and volunteering at Squirrely Six last weekend, I participated in a Crossword Puzzle Tournament on October 26th. I may need to devote a post to that.  In case I don't, I finished 16th place out of about 70 participants. It was a blast! Oh, and it was also my birthday. 🙂

Every day after work last week there was something to do: Monday - got my nails done, Tuesday - ran treadmill at the gym, Wednesday - saw Zombieland: Double Tap.  I loved it.  Gosh, that needs a blog post of its own as well.  Thursday - Halloween! We always get a lot of trick or treaters; the rainy weather did not keep them away. Friday - met a group of my husband's old high school friends for dinner. 

By the time the next weekend rolled around, I really needed that extra hour we gained from turning the clocks back!

2 comments:

  1. You sure are a busy gal! I have never actually seen Zombieland. Maybe one day I will. I wanted to see that zombie movie where the guy develops a heart but never did. Looks like a cheesy zombie movie but I still wanted to see it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know they had crossword competitions. That's really cool.

    ReplyDelete