Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Sloan Gorge Preserve and Last Week’s Workouts

On Monday, my husband and I set out to hike Overlook Mountain in the Catskills. I have a habit of knowing what hike I want to do and then winging it when it comes to getting to the trailhead or following the trail. We were headed generally in the right direction when our navigation said to turn around. At that exact point we saw a trailhead with four or five cars. There was one open parking spot which was nature’s way of saying “Hike here!”

That’s how we ended up hiking Sloan Gorge Preserve. It was a short hike, about an hour including a picnic lunch break.


Unique geographical formations
We knew we were right near Woodstock so we headed that way afterwards. That’s when we saw a sign for Overlook Mountain of course! We followed the sign to Overlook so we would know where to go next time. It was a good thing we didn’t hike it; the parking lot was full, and cars lined the side of the road as well. We will save Overlook for a weekday (or a non-holiday weekend).

From there we headed to Woodstock where we did some window shopping and people watching.
Yes, that Woodstock. The 1969 concert was actually in Bethel, NY
Last week’s workouts: On Monday I ran 2.5 miles (trail run), on Thursday I did Zumba with Denise, on Saturday I ran 5 miles, and on Sunday I swam 50 laps, making it a four workout week.

Thanks for reading!






1 comment:

  1. That preserve area looks beautiful. I am itching to get back on the trails now!

    ReplyDelete