Friday, May 31, 2019

Rensselaerville Trail Run and YTD miles

Last night was the second trail run in my running group’s summer trail run series. Last week I opted to go to Zumba instead since I had done a trail run earlier that week. So this was my first summer trail run and it felt good to see the familiar running faces.

The trail run was in Rensselaerville. It was a 3.4 mile out and back route with a beautiful waterfall along the way. There were a lot of roots, rocks and wooden walkways so I wasn’t spending much time looking at the views, that’s for sure. However, it felt wonderful to be out in the woods running in the evening after work. It started to drizzle, which was actually refreshing.

Afterwards there was free dinner at the brewery there, which was delicious. Instead of the usual barbecue there were vegetarian type selections as well as wraps and lots of desserts. My husband and I shared a beer.

Jona, who blogs at zee lemons had a 2019 Craft Beer Passport. You bring it to the different area breweries and get it stamped. There are always new things to do and try if you are looking for them!

Cool sign in Rensselaerville 
Since today is May 31st I am summarizing my year to date running statistics. So far in 2019, I have run 30 times totaling 107.5 miles. That includes 4 races.

Obviously I have a ways to go to meet my 2019 goal of 450 miles and 12 races.

Onward and forward!

2 comments:

  1. You'll get there!
    Sounds like a neat trail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had joined the Run the Year challenge with a group at the beginning of the year, and I am definitely not pulling my weight! I don't think I've added any miles for weeks. I will get back to it this week, no matter how painful!

    ReplyDelete