Monday, June 24, 2019

Dodge The Deer

On Sunday, I ran in the 17th annual Dodge The Deer 5K trail race.  The weather was a beautiful 70 degrees to start. My time was 37:05 (11:57 pace).  I was #206 out of 236 total runners, which put me at 87%.  That means 13% of the runners finished after me.
Dodge the Deer (wearing #17 for 17th year) and random lady undressing in background
The Hudson River 
I just discovered that I could attach all my races to my personal profile in my running club's website. I spent a little bit of time doing that yesterday. Oh my, there was some really old stuff in there, from 2003, 2004 and 2009.  To me, that is ancient running history, plus a lot of older stuff is missing. The modern era of my running started in 2016. Almost of the races from 2016 to now are in there.
Finish line  
Beautiful day to run trails

Last year at Dodge The Deer, my time was 41:20 (13:18 pace).  Last year, I was #281 out of 316 total runners, which put me at 89%.  That means that last year 11% of the runners finished after me.

My modern racing history shows that I raced in four 5K trail runs since 2017. My times were:
2017  37:38 (12:07 pace)
2018  41:20 (13:18 pace) Last Year Dodge the Deer
          43:27 (13:59 pace)
2019  37:05 (11:57 pace) Sunday Dodge the Deer

Even though I am still near the end of the pack, it’s nice to see improvement.

Last week's workouts: On Tuesday, I did HIIT with Erin; on Thursday, I ran a 2.8 mile trail run; on Saturday I swam 52 laps; on Sunday I ran Dodge the Deer.  (I felt like I had to swim 2 extra laps because the Thursday run was 2/10 mile short!)


Thanks for reading!




4 comments:

  1. That's a great improvement -- congrats!Even when you're BOTP, it's always nice to see personal improvement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That trail looks so beautiful! I finally got back to running this week, and I can't wait to get back onto the trails. I am easing back into it with treadmill running for now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I's so jealous of your weather!! Were hitting the 100's daily here in FL. YEAH for improving your times from year to year. I have yet to repeat any of the 5k's that I have done. Of course I walked them but hey I got out there. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete