Saturday, June 29, 2019

It’s All Good

This may have been my first week since I started blogging where I did not post midweek. That’s Ok though. I have a new job and that requires mental energy.

After two weeks at the new job I feel comfortable there. The job checks off all the boxes that I was looking for when I decided to make a change.

1. Supervisor and Director - kind, laidback, no micromanaging
2. Sarcastic and Manipulative Assistant Director - THERE ISN’T ONE!😁
3. Coworkers - four of us in a big room; so quiet you can hear a pin drop
4. Staff - I don’t supervise anyone (not responsible for other people’s work)
5. Parking - 5 minutes from car to desk
6. Location - There is a park right across the street; a library in our network is down the block
7. The work itself - I can see that there is less volume of work. The work itself suits me and will be steady and repeating: monthly, quarterly, annual vs. constant flow
8. Desk - no more cubicle!
9. Windows - we have 4 windows in our room (I have always had windows at work but people do ask about this)
10. Kitchen - one floor up is the pink kitchen. I have a place to go eat my lunch that isn’t my desk.
Pretty in pink
Pink couches too 
It’s all good.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like this is a definite improvement from your last situation. I'm glad for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This is awesome!!!! I'm so glad that this worked out perfectly! Yea to positive change!!

    ReplyDelete