Monday, June 17, 2019

Father’s Day Feast

We had a lovely Father’s Day despite the weather not cooperating yet again. As I mentioned previously, Middle Son and his girlfriend are visiting from California. They took a side trip to New York City, retuning Sunday afternoon.

My husband’s cousins came over and joined us for dinner as well.

My daughter has been eating vegetarian for the past several weeks. I took the opportunity to try a new recipe (along with tried and true favorites).

This was the menu:
Appetizers - fruit platter, spinach dip in bread bowl, cheese and crackers, hummus and carrots, nacho chips and salsa. The inspiration for the artistic fruit platter came from my sister-in-law’s sister at the baby sprinkle I went to a few weeks ago.
Artistic fruit platter 
Main course - BBQ pulled pork sandwiches, cole slaw, roasted asparagus with pine nuts from the food network website (I omitted the dates), and roasted sweet potatoes with black beans. That was the new recipe which came from A Couple Cooks: Pretty Simple Cooking by Sonja and Alex Overhiser.
This was yummy
Dessert - brownies and cheesecake

It’s Monday so that means a recap of last week’s workouts: On Wednesday I ran 4 miles, on Saturday I ran 5 miles, and on Sunday I swam 40 laps - for a total of three workouts last week.

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. What a delicious sounding meal!!!!

    Way to go on your weeks workouts!!!

    ReplyDelete