Friday, June 14, 2019

Fri-Yay

Wow my post yesterday was a big giant waaah about the old job. I guess I needed to get it off my chest before I could really move on. Like detoxing! On that note here are some positive thoughts for Friday.

New Job
It’s my second day here at the new job. Yesterday was taken up by HR stuff and orientation in the morning. In the afternoon I got a brief tour of the building and shown where to read up about my new job on the computer. I got an ID badge. New Boss has Friday off so this is turning out to be a really quiet day. But day one is always hard and day two is always a thousand times better.

Middle Son
My middle son and his girlfriend came from California late last night. She will be here for a long weekend and he will be here for a week. I’m really happy and grateful that they are here. We haven’t seen him since Christmas. He wants to go out for dinner tonight and on Father’s Day. Sounds good to me. He wants a casual pizza restaurant tonight and a nicer restaurant Sunday. He has a lot of things planned as it’s her first time in the northeast U.S.

Shopping 
I was browsing online last week looking for something new for the new job. I saw a very cute dress at Target. The dress in this pattern was not available online. But another pattern was - go figure. The website said there was one available in my size at the Target in East Bejeezuz (don’t google it; that’s not a real place). It was only 5 minutes farther than the Target we normally go to. I got that dress. From thence to Loft where I got two tops and a pair of the wide leg pants that are popular now. Everything was on sale and the pants were on clearance for $19.88 (originally $59.99).

Other Stuff 
I went to a baby sprinkle for my niece. The concept was new to me but a sprinkle is a baby shower for a second baby. Since the mom already has the big stuff from her first baby, you sprinkle her with diapers, baby wipes, and other small baby gifts. What a wonderful idea!

I went to see another niece in her dance recital. Dance has come a long way since my daughter took ballet. Four out of five routines are hip hop, and there are a lot of boys. The costumes are hip hop street clothes. Most of the other dances were flowy contemporary numbers. Very few sequins, buns and tutus!

We went to watch my daughter go skydiving! It was her first time and it was on her bucket list. It isn’t on my bucket list! But it looked pretty awesome and she loved it.
Beautiful day for a skydive 
My mind was clearly stuck in a negative rut. Ending with a blessing:









No comments:

Post a Comment