Thursday, June 6, 2019

The Eagle Has Landed

I got the job! I found out yesterday afternoon. Since I wanted to call my husband and Useless was right there in the next cubicle, my coworker told me to say “The eagle has landed!” I don’t believe I’ve ever said that before!

I never thought I would be changing jobs at this point in my life. I have 3.5 years to go until retirement. I am old enough to retire now but I want to have 30 years of service with the government. If I retire prior to having 30 years my pension would be subject to a significant penalty. So, yes, my new job is also government but I will be moving to another agency.

This feels like a weight lifted off my shoulders. I emailed my Director and the administrative assistant only. I gave one week notice and I asked for tomorrow off. I’ve already filled out paperwork. I did not email Useless or Asinine. I’m not sure if Director is even going to say anything to them.

I am so thankful that I have this opportunity to make this move. It feels like it’s going to be good.



2 comments: