Thursday, January 2, 2020

New Year Update

Happy New Year.  This is going to be a quick post about how we spent our New Year's Day. My husband and I started off 2020 with a race. I ran the Bill Hogan 3.5 mile which is held in conjunction with the Hangover Half.  My husband did his own thing and ran about a 10K.  I finished in 45:38 which is about a minute slower than I did this race last year.

Afterwards, we hurried home to shower and get ourselves over to the Troy Music Hall. Our friends had tickets to the Berkshire Bach (orchestra) playing all six of Bach's Brandenburg Concerti.  We were in the sixth row and it was amazing. I am not a philistine! 😉 Of course not! That is a reference to one of my favorite movies "The Squid and the Whale" which I watched on Netflix over the weekend for the umpteenth time.

I watched a lot of Netflix over the past weekend, while recovering from a cold. The rewatch of "The Squid and the Whale" was prompted from viewing "Marriage Story", also by Noah Baumbach and also about divorce.  In addition, I watched "Minimalism: A Documentary About the Important Things" (so true) and "The Magic Pill", which touts the benefit of a ketogenic diet.

My husband and I have also started watching "Schitt's Creek" which is a Canadian sitcom by Eugene Levy and Dan Levy. It is about a wealthy couple who find themselves broke and end up in the small town they own with their two spoiled adult kids. 

It was a great way to kick off the new decade!

3 comments:

  1. I have watched a few episodes of Schitt's Creek. I just cannot get into it. The Magic Pill is the only one of those I have seen.

    I too ran (cough, cough) A LITTLE BIT on the 1st. 5k free parkrun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year! I never heard of most of these shows or movies. I need to start paying attention to something besides hockey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm here to share a few story on how I save my marriage from going through a divorce, it all started when I find out that my husband was cheating on me and I already have two kids for him, so I don't want the marriage to be broken because if that happens it will be a big load on me taking care of the kids alone for that not to happen, I went searching for solution to make him love me again and stop cheating that is how I came across Dr Ekpen online on what he has done for a lot of people so I contacted him for help and he helped me to cast a love spell on him to love only me and stop cheating. You can contact him today if you are having the same challenges in your relationship on ekpentemple@gmail.com and you will be clad you did.

    ReplyDelete