Monday, January 6, 2020

2019 Amazon purchases

Personal finance blogger Joe at Retire By 40  recently posted a list / review of all his Amazon purchases for 2019. I thought it would be fun to do the same thing here.

I broke my Amazon purchases into categories:

Christmas Presents
1. Men's Compression Socks 2 pairs at $11.99 each
These were Christmas presents for my two sons.  Each of my three children got one big gift also known as the "anchor gift" and three small gifts. Socks are small gifts. I know they liked them because Son 1 requested them and Son 2 kept them. That is why I had to buy a second pair the day after Christmas.

2. Herschel Travel Bag $29.99
This was a Christmas present for my husband.  Usually we give each other "ideas", but I came up with this one myself. His old toiletry travel bag was decades old and had seen better days. Husband liked it.

3. Creatine Pills $27.83
Another small present for one of my sons.

4. Adjustable Height Standing Desk $119.99
Anchor present for my older son.  He will use this when he works from home.

Household
1. Driftaway Julia Floral Lined Valances 2 valances at $17.99 each
We are redoing our living room. These look fresh and bright compared to the old 1990's brocade valances we had before. I am going to do a whole post on the living room remodel once it's done.

New valance - photo courtesy of Amazon website
Clothing
1. Vince Camuto Black Ponte Leggings $49.00
I used Swagbucks to buy these so they were actually free. Yes, I am still doing Swagbucks! And these leggings are great.

2. Mizuno Wave Rider 22 Running Shoes $119.95 Returned
I wrote about my search for running shoes in this blog post . This was one unsuccessful attempt. They were terrible and the only Amazon item that I returned.

Grocery
1. Kind Bars $12.72
I bought these when I was figuring out how to redeem Swagbucks

2. Lara Bars $15.29
More testing out how to redeem Swagbucks

3. Ubr Breakfast Rounds 2 boxes at $19.99 each
I wrote about these yummy bars in one of my Acadia National Park posts. My husband fell in love with them at the breakfast buffet. I actually used a $25 gift card from Christmas 2018 towards this purchase.


Well that sums up my Amazon spending for 2019. I don't have Amazon Prime, but did take advantage of a 30-day free trial for Amazon prime / free shipping.  I did spend $2.15 for one week of Amazon Prime at Christmas. Excluding my returns, Swagbucks, and gift cards I spent around $255 on Amazon last year.


Do you spend a lot on Amazon?  Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. That was really interesting. I use Amazon, but have never really tracked it that way before. Maybe I'll do that this year.

    ReplyDelete